Come out to the East Nashville Farmers Market to get your fresh ingredients for this wonderful summer recipe.
- 2 cups Fresh Tomatoes, Chopped (Roma Preferred)
- 3 cloves Garlic, Finely Minced (may Add More Or Less To Taste)
- 1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Balsamic Vinegar
- ½ cups Basil, Chopped
- Kosher Salt And Fresh Cracked Pepper To Taste
- 1 whole French Baguette, Sliced On The Diagonal, 3/4 Inch Thick
- 1 clove Garlic, Peeled And Sliced In Half
- Goat Cheese, To Taste
In a medium mixing bowl, add chopped tomatoes, finely minced garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and basil together. The longer they sit, the better it will be. Make a few hours ahead or overnight. Add kosher salt and pepper to taste.
Toast baguettes on a cookie sheet just until slightly browned. Rub halved garlic clove over the toasted side to infuse bread with flavor. Spread with goat cheese to taste. Spoon tomato mixture on top of the bread and serve. Also goes well with pasta.
Recipe from TastyKitchen.com